Is a Title Necessary??  

Posted by Pritam in , ,

I still can’t believe that I have actually created a blog, but why? Just fixing a title of my blog took me some odd 15 min, but still didn’t find one….. I thought that my first blog title should be great… something which will be classy, but I guess the expectation was too high that I failed to decide on the right one….

            Finally a thought came to my mind, why do I have to follow a typical rule of giving a title first, let’s first put down the thoughts and then think about a title.
That’s what I like doing, why to always follow….. I guess it’s high time we start thinking and doing things the way we want to…

            Just while writing the last statement, got a incident which I would like to share to all of my readers (hoping to have a reader base atleast J). My metro stopped at a Tallygaunge station in Kolkata – a station which is now called as Maharaj Uttam Kumar…  The station is very much known for its galore of food joints, offering tasty yummy Bong food…. The so called electronic door of the metro opened…. Shit all passengers ran to go to the checking gate to avoid long queues, A fat woman (mainly referred as masshi in Bengali) almost seems participated in racing competition desperate to strike a win this time. In less than 5 min there was a long rush in front of Gate No 1…. Peeping from the long rush I saw there was another gate which was empty gate NO 2. I was in the dilemma of going to the gate and trying my luck (which I am not very good with), but what would happen if I lose my current position in the queue. Just thinking and eliminating I got the sudden courage of going to the gate and trying my luck… Guess what the gate accepted my ticket and I got out….. Seeing me getting out, I saw part of the same rush shifting from Gate 1 to Gate 2…..

            Why didn’t we use gate 2 when it was completely empty? Why were we wasting our time standing in the long queue at Gate 1… shit I forgot because we all are basically followers, hey come on accept it, we feel very secure following others. Its always safer and easier. But think about it,  just a different step can make a huge difference to us. (Atleast it saved some odd 30 mins and a lot of sweat and boredom for me)

My first blog is dedicated to this thought,
Lets change the way we look at things… lets try things differently and see the result…….. So at the end may be I am close to my title    -
“The way you look at it”(what say!!!)

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at Thursday, March 31, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 comments

Hey Pritam, congratulations on your first blog!!! And on your first comment too!!

Lovely write-up.... loved the way the story built up to the end, which was fantastic!

Continue writing :-)

1 April 2011 at 10:01

@ Nupur.... finally my first comment. Thanks

1 April 2011 at 10:04
soumyadeep  

Just after reading your excellent blog i was gonna go to read what others commented but something pulled me back. I decided lets write whats in my mind rather than following what others have written. I am truly inspired. Moreover you are an excellent writer. Thanks a lot. All the best. May god bless you. I request you to send each and every blog information whenever you write.

4 April 2011 at 23:35
subhodeep chatterjee  

good writing... inspiring irony...

5 April 2011 at 00:36
subhodeep chatterjee  

good writing... inspiring irony...

5 April 2011 at 00:36
Priodarshi  

Looking fwd to more wonderful insights from you.

P.S. Glad that your first blog is set in Calcutta

5 April 2011 at 14:09
tapasya gupta  

hey,u write like a torch bearer...practical,lucid and something we all relate to!! awsome start..:)

6 April 2011 at 08:25

How very philosophical..! (Not surprising coming from you!) ;)

Refreshing take on erstwhile mundane events..

Looking forward to reading many many more blogposts of yours.. :)

6 April 2011 at 14:11
Neha  

loved it Pritam. Great start :-)

6 April 2011 at 22:19
DJ  

Hey,
Well, yet not decided,
I must say, a romba nice effort.

But I'm yet not decided about my frank opinion on your writing.:-)
So awaiting your next article to post my comment.

Awaiting...
All the best!

13 April 2011 at 18:25

Hey preets,

Glad to know you have a blog finally:-)

Great write up. Amazing thought behind it. Made for a good reading

Continue writing. Its the best way to express yourself and give others a sneak peak into your world:-)

Take care

15 April 2011 at 15:23

good first attempt,...keep improving on this.

17 April 2011 at 11:40

Well if I had to choose one word that would describe ur first blog post, that has to be 'CHANGE' for sure.No doubt, CHANGE is the only thing that doesnt change.I must say- u have done complete justice to what is the need of the hour.A big change in everything we do.

Thanx for the attempt u made to awaken the sleeping people around we seem to encounter with everyday.

Hope to get such more awakening thoughts and pragmatic instances that would someday bring out the real self in us.

Love,
Di

18 April 2011 at 17:39

subtle inspirational,..rustic..plain and streetsmart writing..

25 April 2011 at 21:23
Anonymous  

Superb thought to begin. Looking forward for such thoughts and stories, which teach us a lot everyday but don't have the time to learn and recollect. All the very best to you :D

Sagar

27 April 2011 at 22:28

different approach....good start.

27 July 2011 at 01:20
Anonymous  

Hevaannendy Anrielelin NeurgeHog [url=http://napechke.com]Senanamaso[/url] troreomia http://napechke.com</

15 February 2012 at 16:38

Learning to fish...than given a fish? :)

24 April 2013 at 15:37

Post a Comment